Thursday, June 07, 2007

the right time

I got a letter from a good childhood friend of mine in the States yesterday. She said that she has been reading my blogs but was waiting for more details. I think I'm getting better at giving more details about my feelings, but would love some more input. Please let me know. As for now, I think this blog will be the most interesting.

Well, I guess this is an excerpt from my testimony aka life story...

Once I got to college I told myself and others that I wanted to be married by September of the year I graduated (now now, you know I don't share my age, so just go along with it). Ummm yeah!??! That did not happen. When I graduated I knew that I was not ready for marriage. All I wanted to do was get my life in line. So I worked, which was awesome! (he he he Viv gets annoyed with that word) Then all I wanted to do was get to Belgium.

During my time working in corporate America and the year I spent fundraising, God taught me a lot about myself and who I want to be. Yeah, I thought I knew. I wouldn't be who I am today if I hadn't gone through what I've been through. He teaches me everyday.

Now that I am in Belgium I feel even more a desire to be married. No, it isn't because all my friends are married. I know it isn't gonna happen right now, but I feel like I've gotten to where I need to be. Not really sure how to explain it. Maybe like running a race. When you get to the finish line and you take a few strides in a circle and then you put you hands on your knees, hang our head down and breathe heavily while you try to catch your breath.

Anyway, I know there is an incredible amount that God is still teaching me. I can't wait! Will He send me a mate?

HAHAHAHA sorry I just wrote that last sentence because it rhymed. Seriously, will He send me someone? Do we ever really know when it is "the right time?"
P.S. The picture has nothing to do with this blog besides ME! Me being happy drinking green tea :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you will know in due time.