Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tough times


My pride is broken down. I'm currently at a point of weakness. 2 Corinthians 12

9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I can't do it on my own.
I need focus. Focus on my mission, focus on God, focus on what the Lord has called me to do.

I need patience. Patience for Him to work through me, patience for my visa, patience for my departure, patience for funds, patience with others.

I need love. Love for others, love for myself, unfailing love...just as Christ loves us.

I need wisdom. Wisdom when people question why I haven't left yet, wisdom to make the right decisions before I leave, wisdom in prioritizing.

I need provision. Provision regarding funds, provisions while I am in Belgium.

I need peace. Peace about leaving what I know, peace about my visa, peace with everyone I know.

Jehovah Jirah, He is my provider. May he renew a right spirit within me.
Seeking His guidance,

~Jessica

No comments: